We Respect Your Privacy and Personal Information
This privacy notice lets you know what happens to any personal data that you give to us, or any that we may collect from or about you. It applies to all products and services, and instances where we collect your personal data.
When do we collect personal data?
We collect personal data from you on the following occasions:
- When you complete an enquiry/booking or payment form on our website
- When you enquire about or purchase products with us over the telephone
- When you subscribe to our newsletter
In all of these cases we will collect basic personal data from you such as your name and email address. In addition, if you are purchasing one of our products, we will also collect your telephone number and mailing address along with additional personal information necessary to process your booking. This typically includes your gender, date of birth, height (for bike rental) and any specific dietary requirements. We will also require the same information for any other people travelling with you. Rest assured – we only collect personal data that is absolutely necessary to process your booking or enquiry.
What about cookies?
How will we use your personal data?
Depending on the reason for holding your data, we will use the information we hold for the following purposes:
- To enable us to process your enquiry or booking.
- To provide you with information by email about products of ours that we feel may be of interest to you. This will only happen if you have consented to receiving our e-newsletter and you can stop this at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the email.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- Where relevant, to provide customer support and assistance services during your holiday.
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
Who might we share your personal data with?
We may share your personal data with the following third parties for the reasons described:
- In order to process your booking, we will need to share relevant personal data with our network of overseas suppliers. Rest assured – we only pass on personal data that is absolutely necessary for them to process your booking or enquiry.
- If you make a payment to us with your credit or debit card via our website you will be redirected to the secure and encrypted Sage Pay payment portal. If you choose to pay over the phone our staff will enter your card details into the online Sage Pay payment portal and destroy any record of your card details as soon as the transaction has completed. You can view the Sage Pay Security Policy on their website.
How long will we hold your personal data for?
We will keep your data only for as long as it is necessary for the particular purpose or purposes for which we hold it unless there are any legal or operational reasons to hold it for a longer period. At the end of that period the data that we hold will be securely destroyed.
What are your rights in respect of the personal data we hold about you?
You can ask to see a copy of the information that we hold about you and for corrections to be made to any incorrect information. We want to be as helpful as possible and, in most cases will provide the information within one month of your request. We do not have to provide information in all cases including where it would involve disclosing information about another person or where a request is excessive or manifestly unfounded and may make a charge for providing the information in some cases. You have the right to receive the data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and you have the right to transmit those data to another controller.
Where do we store your personal data?
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. This includes staff engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data and have contractual processes in place with our business partners to do this, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. Once we have received your information, we will use relevant procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Advice and assistance
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice are welcomed and should be addressed to the Data Protection Officer, Flexitreks Ltd, 22 Middleton Avenue, Hove, East Sussex, BN3 4PJ.
If you think that there is a problem with the way that we are handling your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can call their helpline on 0303 123 1113 or https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 03 May, 2018.